St. Johns River by Heather Hummel

St. Johns River by Heather Hummel
St. Johns River by Heather Hummel Photography

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Featured Photographer: Doug Bailey


While my photographic passion takes me to locations all over the west coast, I am especially drawn to the Temecula Valley, which is  located just north of San Diego and an hour East of Los Angeles. With it's Balloon Festivals, outstanding Wine Country, unique Ecological Preserves, Eventful Old Town, and Amazing Back Country vistas, the Temecula Valley offers me an outstanding opportunity to capture the Southern California essence that draws people from all over the world.
 
I shoot with my Canon T3i, and I only use three lenses, a Cannon 18-55mm f/3.4-5.0  IS II,  a Canon 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS II, and a Canon f/1.8 50mm prime lens. I cannot leave out my little Mini Cooper convertible as an essential partner for finding these pics, nothing better than a top down cruise to see all of you  photo opportunities!   For post processing I use Light Room 4, which is giving me good results.  I never shoot HDR, I simply try to find the best natural light possible.  And when on a photo shoot I take along an arsenal of mental images consisting of scenes and vignettes I want to catch, in fact I have dreamed of images that I have found on subsequent shoots.


When asked to describe his approach to photography, Doug Bailey usually will say he is just "Finding Photos." But one look at his work reveals so much more.  Doug has combined his sense of adventure, fun, patience, and skill to create some truly memorable images.  His ability to see a subject in the perfect combination of light, line, and shadow is a rare talent and he creates images described as pleasing to the soul as well as the eye. Doug Bailey lives and has his studio in the Temecula Valley area of Southern California.  



No comments:

Post a Comment